The Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) is pleased to announce the deployment of extensive additional functionality to the electronic Federal Select Agent Program (eFSAP) portal.
Beginning September 5, 2018, authorized SAMS account holders at all registered entities will be able to experience the following system-wide enhancements and additional functionality within eFSAP:
APHIS/CDC Form 1 Section 4, Section 7b, and Entity Amendment History Redesign
APHIS/CDC Form 1 Section 4 and Section 7b data tables, as well as entity amendment histories, have been redesigned to provide an enhanced user experience:
- Additional data columns have been added (e.g., Form 1 Section 4 status, Tier 1 status, SRA approved date, SRA expiration date, Form 1 Section 7b date added/withdrawn).
- Data table columns now have fixed column headers during scrolling.
- Data tables support filtering and sorting of each data column independently for rapid retrieval of pertinent information.
Email Notifications Update
Since March 2018, eFSAP has supported daily email notifications. Unfortunately, entities have reported sporadic functionality of this feature. With this release, our developers have reengineered the notification engine. Once daily, Responsible Officials (ROs) and Alternate Responsible Officials (AROs) should receive an email notification if FSAP staff have performed any action generating a notification in an entity’s notification table. The email will indicate that ROs and AROs should log into eFSAP at their earliest convenience to review the action.
Please continue to report to the eFSAP Help Desk if you believe entity email notifications are not functioning properly.
Historical Strains (APHIS/CDC Form 1 Section 7b) and Historical Buildings/Rooms/Suites (Section 6)
Starting with this release, any changes made to building/room/suite information in Form 1 Section 6 will be captured and displayed in the user interface as unique versions. By selecting a history icon next to each building or room/suite, users will be able to view past information for that registered area.
In addition, select agent strains and select toxin serotypes that have been removed from an entity’s APHIS/CDC Form 1 Section 7b will be available in the user interface. Users will be able to search past strains/serotypes by PI, date added, date withdrawn, etc.
FSAP Inspection Module (Version One)
FSAP is proud to bring to entities the first version of a new, interactive, electronic inspection module in eFSAP. Over the next few months, FSAP will begin limited use of the inspection module during an initial pilot phase. Features of the new eFSAP inspection module include the following:
- Entities will have awareness regarding the inspection team and inspection focus as soon as FSAP staffs the inspection and generates checklists for the inspection.
- As inspection findings are released for entity review, eFSAP generates automated entity notifications.
- Entities have the ability to respond to inspection findings on an individual basis as time and resources permit.
- Directly through the inspection module, FSAP has the ability to close inspection findings or ask for additional information. Automated notifications are generated for these actions.
- Entities have the ability to print their inspection findings with or without all correspondence with FSAP regarding the inspection findings.
Available herepdf icon is a tutorial with screenshots of the new inspection module features. In addition, you may reach out to your FSAP point of contact for assistance with these new features. If you experience errors or have questions related to the eFSAP system in general or with SAMS access to the system, please continue to contact our excellent eFSAP customer support desk using the online help form, through email at eFSAPSupport@cdc.gov, or by phone at (877) 232-3322.
If you have any questions regarding this email, please contact 301-851-2070 or AgSAS@usda.gov for APHIS/AgSAS entities, and 404-718-2000 or LRSAT@CDC.gov for CDC/DSAT entities.