What’s New: 2021
Today, the Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) is pleased to announce the publication of its annual analysis of inspection report timeliness data, the 2020 FSAP Inspection Report Processing Annual Summary.
This FSAP analysis finds continued program improvement in providing timely feedback to entities following an inspection, with all final inspection reports sent to entities in 2020 within FSAP’s goal of 30 business days.
Key findings include the following:
- FSAP issued 157 final inspection reports in 2020 – with 100 percent issued within the target timeframe of 30 business days. The average was 19.5 days.
- CDC’s Division of Select Agents and Toxins issued 125 final inspection reports at an average of 21.1 days, and APHIS’s Division of Agricultural Select Agents and Toxins issued 32 final inspection reports at an average of 13.3 days.
- Nearly all (7 out of 8) immediate action observations were issued within the target timeframe of 10 business days. The average was 7 days.
FSAP made several important changes to the inspection process during the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning in April 2020, FSAP adjusted its inspection processes by adopting remote or hybrid (i.e., part on-site and part remote) inspections, due to travel restrictions and for the safety of FSAP inspectors and regulated entity staff. These changes did not adversely impact timeliness or result in delays in issuing inspection reports, but rather, helped FSAP to become more efficient and continue to carry out its program mission despite the pandemic.
For more information, please see the full report.
The Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) will host two multi-agency public webinarsexternal icon this fall to provide guidance and information regarding the submission of APHIS/CDC Form 2, APHIS/CDC Form 3 and APHIS/CDC Form 4.
The two webinars, which will each cover the same agenda, will take place at the following dates and times:
- October 6, 2021 from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm EDT
- November 3, 2021 from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm EDT
All stakeholders from the FSAP-registered and non-registered communities are invited to attend.
Registration instructions can be found here on the FSAP website, and the webinar agenda will be posted to this same webpage once finalized. Registration is limited to the first 1000 participants.
Registration will be confirmed by email and registrants will receive a link to enter the meeting one week prior to the date of the webinar.